Wednesday, February 15, 2012

of valentine, a pizza place and family

Pinoys love celebrating, it's not enough that we celebrate a special occasion with a pre and post activity, but we do it a whole month long - Christmas, fiestas, charter anniversary, founding anniversaries, even birthdays! So what's stopping us from celebrating valentine's day the whole month of February. That's why it's called the love month!

Actually, that introduction is just my excuse for not creating this post earlier as I intended to do in time for valentine, i'm a a couple of days late... but then again, let's call it suffering from a writer's block which is caused by my designer's syndrome. But that's another story...

Moving along, what I want to rave about this little obscure hotel called THE ORANGE PLACE HOTEL and a "yummy in my tummy" restaurant located there called LOMBARDI'S PIZZA AND PASTA! 

My friend from Guam came home to visit his daughter and called me just before he boarded the plane  from Guam to Manila, and said that he has no place to stay in yet and that he'll be in the Philippines in 4hrs give or take a few minutes! Thank you internet! I searched the world wide web using the popular keywords CHEAP HOTELS in metro manila. And i found this helpful website called http://www.hotelscombined.com and lo and behold the navigation was easy as pie! so i typed in San Juan, since that is the most ideal location for his intended itinerary on his 3 days stay, and found THE ORANGE PLACE HOTEL, which has a room for Php1,500+ a night and in a strategic location. Pinaglabanan St towards Santolan cor Abad Santos St.

For it's price I would rate it an 8 as all others did in the hotel site. Clean, spacious bathroom, nice, clean mattress, no stuffy odor and with a homey lobby at that! In other words, my guest was happy. And I was proud of myself to have found it at such short notice.

About Lombardi's, I had dinner with him and his daughter a day before he had to go back to Guam. So he just decided to try out LOMBARDI's than travel and look for another restaurant and waste time in traffic. That decision was the best decision ever!

LOMBARDI's served delectable thin crust pizzas! It's the closest to the authentic Italian pizza I've ever tasted! The pasta was very good as well! Oh and they had this really nice brick oven and a glass partition so you can see how the food is being prepared. I like restaurants who are confident to show their kitchen, it just goes to show they have nothing to hide and that they are clean!

This time I had time to take pics with my cam phone so i hope it does the food, my friend and his daughter justice... and as I always say... take my word for it.

Here's the brick oven...

This is the pasta I ordered... sorry i forgot what it's called but my friend liked it a lot and he and his daughter almost didn't leave anything for me...


We ordered the Quattro Formaggio his daughter's fave!

And this other pizza which was heaven! oops sorry I do not have a pic of that and neither can I remember the name... Oh well you just have to go and be adventurous with your order.

But the highlight of the dinner was the Panna Cotta with Raspberry! It was DIVINE! Coupled with their fab coffee! Here's the Panna Cotta in all it's glory!



So what can I say... Pizza is meant for sharing and so is Pasta and Panna Cotta! Go and bring them there, if you haven't treated your loved one(s) to a Valentine dinner yet, it's not too late! There's always Lombardi's.

As for my friend and his daughter... they had such a fab time together... it was maybe just an evening but they definitely made the most out of it!

Sabrina eating enjoying her Quattro Formaggio

Don't be alarmed by the cut out hearts draping on the lamps... the lighting fixture is actually very nice without it... about the pic, they're smiling aren't they?

Having fun while waiting for the feast...

Father and daughter...



And so my story goes of valentine, a pizza place and family... til my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment